Qwasar: Full Stack Developer Program ($99)
August 23, 2021 - May 20, 2022
20 Hrs./ Week Minimum (Online)
Become A Full Stack Developer!
Take advantage of an industry-standard program with a high employment rate, enroll in Cañada College at Menlo Park’s 9-month Qwasar training program
You will learn the skills needed to enter the field of Full Stack Development.
Cañada College Menlo Park has partnered with Qwasar Silicon Valley to offer this competency-based certification program in the Full Stack Development field. The Qwasar Full Stack Developer program at Canada College will teach students the scope of skills necessary to become a full stack developer.
What is a Full Stack Developer?
As the line between what can be done on the front end versus back end blurs as the tech industry expands, more developers are becoming what is called “full stack.” Employers, especially in the Bay Area, are looking for developers who know how to work on all the parts of a site.
The program will train students in the following categories of Full Stack Development:
- Front-end development (the visible parts of a website or app)
- Back-end development (the “under the hood” databases and infrastructure)
- Full stack development (the combination of front-end and back-end to deliver a functioning app).
Get the Skills to Become Employed
This Full Stack Development Program will be an access pathway for job seekers to gain careers in theTech Industry. Qwasar and Cañada college have established partnerships with employers in the industry who are committed to this program, having seen the success of these training programs for themselves.
Class Meeting Dates and Times
August 23, 2021 - May 20, 2022 (online)
Instead of classroom hours, this program hosts mandatory check-in meetings, live coding sessions, coding collaboration workshops, and Tech Startup of the Week presentations.
Contact hours are as follows:
- Daily check-in Monday to Friday at TBD
- Live Coding Sessions Tuesdays at 11:45am PT
- Coding Collaboration Sessions Thursdays at 9:45am PT
- Tech Startup of the week Thursdays at 4pm PT
- Technical interview role play and practice sessions will also take place later in the program on Tuesday evenings
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Be fluent in conversational English
- Must be familiar with computer systems
- Must have a working computer, internet access, and basic calculator
- Familiarity with code is recommended
- 20+ hours a week to devote to coursework and projects
About the Instructors
Josh Trujillo, Gaetan Juvin
The program is run by Josh Trujillo and overseen by Gaetan Juvin. Josh is a veteran in program management with a background both in entrepreneurship, startups, and the tech industry. He has a background in some C programming, but has pursued his passion for working with and in startups. Gaetan Juvin is a serial entrepreneur, CTO, and gifted software engineer who will oversee the program in collaboration with Josh.
Technical Requirements & Specs
- A computer running a compatible web browser (see below)
- Stable Internet connection (video interaction is not available offline)
- Speakers/headphones, microphone, and web-camera to hear audio from a computer (videos have subtitles as an alternative)
- Lessons can be completed on any desktop computer, smart phone, or tablet
Students will also need to ensure they have permission to download the Zoom app to the computer (e.g., if using a loaner or shared computer such as in a library) Supported Web Browsers Google Chrome and Firefox
Performance will be suboptimal on Internet Explorer; Windows users should download Chrome or use Microsoft Edge (included in Windows 10)
Questions about registration? Please email the program coordinator @ email@example.com